It’s one thing to do beautiful makeup - it’s quite another to have sustainable and growth-based career in makeup artistry.
The later requires not only understanding product and technique, but knowing how to effectively run your own business in a way that allows you to set and achieve concrete goals, develop a path for success that is clear and decisive, and develop marketing and promotional plans that allow you to be seen by your peers and clients as the clear choice when hiring a makeup talent.
In Business Evolution, we will take a look at every aspect of how you run your career and come up with a strong and solid plan for you and your work that will enable you to take every aspect of your business to new levels and reach a definitive level of sustainability for your career.
This is more than just a look through your portfolio or a discussion on the importance of a website - Business Evolution asks you to consider a bigger picture approach to your career, incorporate long term planning into your thought process, find a true direction for you and your business that will maximize your happiness and the longevity of your business.
For the freelance makeup artist struggling with the ongoing concern of where is the next job? - Business Evolution takes you to a new level of confidence and security in your career.
For the artist working in the retail or salon business, where the challenge is creating your own future exclusive of reliance on only someone else’s business to secure yours - Business Evolution allows you to learn how to mix both your current role and one of a freelance artist with complete success.
For the student or anyone just getting started in an industry that is growing bigger and more competitive every day - Business Evolution is your kick start into your new world and the extra push that will set you forth ahead of the rest of the pack in your first steps into this exciting industry. Business Evolution will take a unique approach to looking at your career that puts you in charge of your own future, takes the guesswork out of building your business and ensures you a consistent level of growth.
We invite you to explore Business Evolution and connect your passion to your successful future.
- LOS ANGELES
February 18 & 19th
Frends Beauty 5244 Laurel Canyon Blvd, Valley Village, CA 91607
- NEW YORK CITY
March 11 & 12th
Presented by The Powder Group Founder and Executive Director, Michael DeVellis, Business Evolution is a two day intensive business forum that will bring together professional makeup artists at all levels of their career for a unique look at their business and the development of a successful long-term career in makeup artistry through a study of strong marketing, branding and business practices for our industry today.
Together We Will
- Break down every aspect of your business
- Develop a personal business marketing plan
- Challenge both internal and external perceptions of your career
- Fine tune your communication skills
- Increase your profitability through time and fiscal management
- Strengthen your core business knowledge
- Learn to build stronger, more meaningful relationships
- Institute a system of continuous improvement for your business
- Better understand and anticipate the needs of your clients and of a changing industry
- Create a clear plan for the sustainability of your career
- Initiate an ongoing promotional plan and calendar
- Understand, accept and move beyond personal limitations
- Ensure a consistent and relevant personal brand for you and your work
- Develop strong marketing, business and promotional materials
- Create a strong on-line and e-promotional presence for your business
Day One & Day 2 Sessions - 10:00a - 6:00p
*Sessions start promptly at 10:00 am. Please arrange travel accordingly.
BUSINESS EVOLUTION Day One
- Current Business Breakdown
- Goal Mapping
- Career Path Development
- Breaking Through Personal Limitations
- Branding and Developing a Personal Brand
- Marketing Materials Development
- Portfolio and Image Development
BUSINESS EVOLUTION Day Two
- Business Plan Development
- Designing Your Marketing Plan
- Working with an Ongoing Promotional Calendar
- Online and E-promotional Programs
- Budget Development
- Action Plan Initiation and Follow Through
- Creating Sustainability in your Career
- Planning for Future Success
During the workshops will be looking at where you have been, where you are now, as well as where you are going with your career. As well as how you will get there.
In order to get the most out of Business Evolution, we request that attendees bring any past or current materials with you that are used for promoting your career and work. Please bring any or all of the below, or other items not listed that you use in your business promotion. If you do not currently use any of the below, feel no obligation to bring such materials.
- Business Card
- Comp Cards
- Printouts of main pages of your website
- Transportation and overnight accommodations are not included in the attendee fee for Business Evolution
- A selection of hotels in the general vicinity of of our event location is available to participants
Your Fee Includes:
- All materials and worksheets for the session
Contact email@example.com or call 212.627.7447.
This event is absolutely limited to 16 participants. Please contact us today to hold your space. Contact Kelly@thepowdergroup.com or call 212.627.7447.
As businesses evolve, so do our artists needs and focus. For attendees of Business Evolution who would like to continue their forward path of business development and take the program a second time, within two years of their initial participation, we offer a half-rate pricing option on the second program. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Deposit - $100
TPG Pro Member - $790
NON-TPG Member - $990