MONDAY DECEMBER 7, & MONDAY DECEMBER 14, 2020
ONLINE: ZOOM SESSION
The Business & Beauty of Bridal has been one of The Powder Group's most iconic programs for the past ten years. As both the bridal and pro makeup industries have evolved, we have evolved this important program regularly to include the most up-to-date and critical information from every corner of the area of bridal and special event work. The program today is one of the comprehensive bridal business and artistry program in our history and we are thrilled to be presenting it with exciting new changes as we wrap up our 2020 program schedule.
This year's program will take place completely online in two parts, the first on Monday, December 7 and the second on Monday, December 14. The programs can be taken together or individually and will be conducted from 12:00-6:00 PM Eastern time on each day. Both sessions will be led by the amazing Joanne McDonough in partnership with The Powder Group founder, Michael DeVellis.
Day one of the program will focus on business, artistry, relationship development and creating exceptional client experience. Day one will also include guest appearances by three of or TPG Pro community's most inspirational bridal industry voices - Tami Bernard, Despina Scandalis and Aga Rhodes. Each artist will join Joanne for a portion of the day's programming focused on an area of their specialization.
Then one week later, on Monday, December 14, Joanne McDonough will lead a full-day, hands-on workshop where attendees will watch demonstration and take part in a hands-on workshop. Attendees may work on themselves or a model (using proper PPE) and will receive individual feedback from Joanne during the sessions.
The Business and Beauty of Bridal Makeup - Full-Day Hands-on Workshop Will Include:
- Design and application of a bridal makeup
- An overview of good business practices working in the bridal industry
- Marketing and branding basics for your bridal business
- Defining the parameters of your bridal business
- Marketing yourself as a bridal makeup artist: Add-on services: men’s grooming, brows, aesthetics, hair and more
- Social media, on-line promotion and technology in the bridal business
- Working with event planners, photographers and bridal businesses
- Hiring and maintaining team and assistant rosters
- Pricing, packages, day-rates and destination events
- Invoicing, confirmations and contracts
- Reservation deposits, payment methods
- The makeup design/trial appointment
- Creating an extraordinary client experience: service and follow up
- Identifying bridal vendor resources
- Partnerships and business relationships
- Trade event participation
- The psychology of bridal work
- Addressing bride's frequently asked questions
- Creating a bridal check list and the brides file
- Communication with the bride and listening for critical clues
- The dynamics of modern model makeup
- The creation and design process of bridal makeup
- Perfecting the skin
- Basic and advanced beauty makeup
- Must-have products and the essential bridal kit
Day 1: Monday, December 7, 2020
Day 2: Monday December 14, 2020
Time: 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Location: ONLINE Zoom Session
TPG Pro members: $90.00 for each day | REGISTER NOW!
Non members: $120.00 for each day | REGISTER NOW!
**Please Note: TPG Pro Members participating on Day 1 on (Monday, Dec. 7), can participate in Day 2 (Monday Dec. 14) session with no money down and pay balance in 2021.
EVENT SCHEDULESessions will be conducted from 12:00-6:00 PM Eastern time on each day
Register NowDay 1: Monday December 7 and Day 2: Monday December 14, 2020
TPG PRO Members Day 1 - $90.00
TPG PRO Members Day 2 - $90.00
Non-Member Day 1 - $120.00
Non-Member Day 2 - $120.00
Joanne McDonough is the founder of Joya beauty and the seacoast's premiere makeup artist and skin care therapist. Licensed in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts. Her artistic talent, diverse background and professional experience create a unique and simply beautiful style. Joya beauty's intimate studio, located in Dover, New Hampshire, offers Joya clientele the opportunity to learn, relax and be pampered. Whether it's for a skin care treatment, makeup application or lesson or a bridal consultation, Joanne has the innate skills and ability to bring out the natural beauty of each of her clients. Joanne also works as a volunteer for the American Cancer Society's Look Good Feel Better program at Wentworth Douglas Hospital in Dover, New Hampshire, is a member of the Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals Association and has achieved Professional certifications from many other related industry organizations. Joanne’s work has been seen on the cover of Grace Ormond's Wedding Style and Marriage Magazine as well as in New Hampshire Wedding Magazine and she has provided makeup for wedding fashion events for such publications. www.joyabeauty.com